This five year multidisciplinary project started on 1st September 2013 involving academics from the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Healthcare. MultiSim’s vision is to develop a modelling framework focused on the human musculoskeletal system, however, this will be designed as a generic platform to address other engineering challenges that involve multi-scale modelling.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) is the UK’s main government agency for funding research in engineering and the physical sciences. EPSRC invests around £800 million a year in research and postgraduate training, to help the nation handle the next generation of technological change.
The EPSRC mission is to:
- promote and support, by any means, high quality basic, strategic and applied research and related postgraduate training in engineering and the physical sciences.
- advance knowledge and technology (including the promotion and support of the exploitation of research outcomes), and provide trained scientists and engineers, which meet the needs of users and beneficiaries (including the chemical, communications, construction, electrical, electronic, energy, engineering, information technology, pharmaceutical, process and other industries), thereby contributing to the economic competitiveness of Our United Kingdom and the quality of life.
In relation to the activities above, as engaged in by the Council and in such manner as the Council may see fit, to:
- generate public awareness;
- communicate research outcomes;
- encourage public engagement and dialogue;
- disseminate knowledge;
- provide advice.
The EPSRC vision is for the UK to be the most dynamic and stimulating environment in which to engage in research and innovation.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council is at the heart of discovery and innovation. EPSRC research saves lives, creates prosperity, protects the environment and inspires future generations.
You can find out more about the EPSRC here http://www.epsrc.ac.uk