MultiSim is based at the Insigneo Institute for in silico Medicine. Many of the events held at the Insigneo Institute may be of interest to researchers in multi-scale modelling.
- This event has passed.
Multi-scale hard and soft tissue modelling workshop
Monday, 18 June, 2018 - Wednesday, 20 June, 2018
SoftMech, an ESPRC centre for multi-scale soft tissue mechanics with applications to heart and cancer and Multisim will be hosting a joint workshop in Sheffield on 18-20 June 2018 at The Edge, Endcliffe, 34 Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield. S10 3ED. . Abstract submissions are now closed.
NOTE: Agenda is spread across several pages. You may download, print, or click to the next page by using the controls at the bottom of the document.SM_MS_Workshop_2018 final
Join our workshop on multi-scale hard and soft tissue modelling to:
- engage with renowned experts in modelling of hard and soft tissues in keynotes and lectures;
- participate in a roundtable with clinicians and industry;
- submit abstracts, present your research and win prizes;
- network with academia, funding bodies and industry.
Early bird Package: 31 March 18. Abstract submissions: 31 March 18. (now closed)
Normal Package: 15 May 18
Abstract submission and the event registration are two separate processes. We encourage early registration to secure on-site accommodation as places are limited. See tabs below for more information.
We have the following confirmed speakers for this event and registrations are now open.
Invited Speakers (confirmed)
Registration & Accommodation
Registration: Select your category from the following
1. Early Bird/Member Rate
- Cost £220.00
- You can avail the discounted member’s rate as:
– a member of the European Society of Biomechanics.
– as a member of Softmech, if you haven’t already, please join Softmech at www.softmech.org/becomeamember
By registering as a member of SoftMech or as a member of the European Society for Biomechanics, you can book this event up until 15 May 18 for £220. If you choose not to register as a member then this discounted rate is only available up until 31 March 18, which is the early bird registration deadline.
Onsite B&B for this event is available at registration as an optional extra in addition to the delegate fee.
You may choose to stay between 2 and 3 nights.
2. Normal rate (before 15 May 2018)
- Cost £250.00
- Onsite B&B for this event is available at registration as an optional extra in addition to the delegate fee. You may choose to stay between 2 and 3 nights.
Password protected packages
3. SoftMech (University of Glasgow, Heriot-Watt, St Andrews and Sheffield) staff/students of MultSim or SoftMech; Anyone from this group who has not received an invite email and would like to register should email:
4. Guest delegates; (registration and accommodation included by invite only)
5/6. Invited speakers (registration waived).
NOTE: With the exception of by invite only packages 4,5,6 accommodation is NOT included. To obtain the discounted rate for onsite accommodation, please book during the event registration process. Alternatively, you are welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements (a list of recommended options is available on request).
Complete the event form and select your ONSITE accommodation package for 2 or 3 nights. To find out more and book your place click on the link below:
Where do I register?
Abstract submission: To submit an abstract for consideration for oral/poster presentation, visit SoftMech-MultiSim workshop abstracts webpage. Abstract submissions are now closed.